• Address Ha Noi: 35, Ho Me Tri street, Thanh Xuan district, Ha Noi
Tel: +84-4 6265 2642 ; Fax: +84-4 6265 2643
Email: email@example.com ; Website: http://www.vava.org.vn/
• Address Ho Chi Minh City: 331, Tran Hung Dao street, Dist. 5, Ho Chi Minh City.
Tel: +84-8 3 925 6373 or +84-8 3 849 5117
• Address Da Nang City: 522, Ong Ich Khiem street, Hai Chau district, Da Nang City.
Tel: +84-511 3 866 932 or +84-511 3 868 336
1. Main features:
- Founded: on December 17th, 2003 pursuant to decision and leave granted by the Interior Ministry, SRVN
- Inauguration Day: January 10th , 2004
- Operational Scale: National
- Field of Activities: humanitarian, charitable (NGO)
- Ranking Member of the Vietnam’s National Front.
- Memorial “Day for Vietnam’s Victims of Agent Orange/dioxin”: August 10. (on that day in 1961, the first U.S spraying mission in Vietnam was flown)
- Symbol: Orange color and three side-by-side generations
- Four- Leveled System of Organization : Central, Provincial, District, Communal
- Standing committee: four (04) (President and three vice-presidents)
- Permanent executive committee: 19
- Central committee: 87
- Operational departments for matters of: Office, Organization, Information, External relations, Sciences, Lawyer’s Office
- Budget: self-support, mainly from donations
- Banking accounts:
- USD Number Account: 0011370863710
- EURO Number Account: 0011140863770
- At: The Joint Stock Commercial Bank of Vietnam
- The CIFCODE of Bank: BFTVVNVX
- The address of Bank: No. 31-33 Ngo Quyen Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam
2. Why VAVA?
After the war, Vietnam has to confront urgent and multi-dimensional needs in solving war-legacies and national developments.
The Vietnamese government and people pay much concern in providing aid to the war victims of all kinds, but their ability is so limited.
The Vietnamese government deems it necessary to socialize their aid and support– hence calling upon people at large in the country and abroad to make their contribution
Several years ago, while several domestic charitable funds came into being and international assistance became more effective, these activities were however overlapped and not efficient enough.
The realities became clearer that the discovered number of victims has gradually grown up and the need to support them not only appeared in the financial and material field but also in the spiritual, scientific, economical, social and organizational ones.
In front of these above facts, certain number of victims, concerned scientists and social activists through exchanging views came to an unanimous conclusion that a suitable association should be set up and officially registered as the sole representing entity for our victims as a whole in coordinating and combining all the possible and varied forms of support activities. – This is the Vietnam Association for the Victims of Agent Orange/dioxin (VAVA).
3. VAVA’s Functions:
(1)Organize favorable conditions for our victims in: (a)self-support; (b) mutual support; (c) community support.
(2) Represent Vietnamese victims in mobilizing, receiving, coordinating and combining all assistance offered by organizations and/or individuals, and speak on their behalf on all concerned international and home forums.
(3) Undertake studies needed in providing advice services to victims as well to the State on the matters related to social policies applied to victims.
(4) Educate victims and public with relevant.
4. Departments :
– The Organization Department :
+ Tel : +84-4 62 652641
+ Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
– The Information Department :
+ Tel : +84-4 62 652645
+ Email : email@example.com
– The External Relations Department :
+ Tel : +84-4 62 652665
+ Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
– The Sciences Department :
+ Tel : +84-4 62 652654
+ Email : email@example.com
– The Lawyer Office :
+ Tel : +84-4 62 652670
+ Email :
– The Finance Department :
+ Tel : +84-4 62 652605
+ Email :
– Office :
+ Tel: +84-4 62 652642
+ FAX: +84-4 62 652643
+ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
+ Tel : +84-4 62 652657
+ Email: email@example.com